Ben Meadows Blog

Hori Hori Knife

We recently added the new Hori Hori soil knife to our product line. As soon as we received our first shipment, I ordered one up for a field test. I’ve bought a number of similar knives over the years, but most seem to grow legs and walk away and I was conveniently in need of a new one.

The blade was durable enough. I confess I don’t use these as much for digging as I do for sawing through tough roots. The cutting edge worked it’s way through cedar and young maple roots without a problem and assuming I ever get around to planting bulbs, I suspect that the graduations on the blade will prove helpful. The sheath is a big upgrade from other models I’ve had as well. It actually fits and I’m pretty sure it won’t fall apart.

All in all it’s a good tool, and like all similar knives, it really feels good in the hand. Now let’s hope it doesn’t walk away too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home